Tagline

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore"

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Skins (The TV show)

Good lord, I despise this show. In fact, I hate it. I hate it with every fibre of my being. I don't know about you, or the people who, for some reason, watch it, but for me it represents everything that is wrong with youth in this day and age. To fully understand my hatred of the show, it is probably worth knowing that I also hate hipsters, so very much. Have you seen the the latest Rambo movie? You know the scene where he rips that guys throat out? That is what I want to do to every hipster I see on the street.

This point about hipsters is valid in this rant because it seems like that is what every teenager aims to be these days, except the few respectable ones (myself included, I'm 19 by the way, so I am still a teenager). My ideal dress code for teenagers would be: Jeans and a t-shirt that fits (possibly a sweatshirt/jacket as well) or a shirt (tucked in) and tie (done up properly), but unfortunately people just don't do that, and they are never going to while things like Skins are out there. Instead, we are having a generation of teenagers who wear t-shirts with necks that come down to their chest (which admittedly, is fine with females) and giant pieces of fucking material wrapped around their necks, not even scarfs, just massive loops of material. And don't even get me started on the piercings, when did it become cool to have pieces of metal in your face, or to stretch a massive hole in your ear.. seriously, it is just retarded.

Anyway, this all links back to Skins because it is a show that actively promotes this atrocity of a social trend, including all the other things that come with it. Things like drugs being used to measure how cool you are, parents and elders getting no respect, and not caring about your education are slowly becoming the norm with teenagers, and I, in all seriousness, blame Skins for a lot of that.
Now I am not anti-drugs, if someone wants to do drugs, as long as they don't hurt someone else, I am fine with it. What I hate is drug culture and people taking drugs just because they feel like that is what people are doing, and according to Skins, every teenager in Britain is taking 'em..
And as for parents, I think teenagers just need to realise that THEY ARE THE REASON YOU ARE ALIVE! You may think that they are dicks because they won't let you go to some big gig or something dumb like that, but before you go swearing at them and telling your friend about how you mum is a 'fat cunt' (yes, I'm talking about you, girl on the train), you should think about a few things. Firstly, they are the sole reason you exist in the first place, they are the sole reason you made it through your childhood alive, they would (and probably have done so) do anything to protect you from any harm... thought about it yet? Good, now go show some fucking respect and apologise to them for being a little shit.
And as for education, I shouldn't even need to talk about this. Forsaking your education to sleep with your drunk friends and take drugs may seem like a good idea at the time, but show some forsight, however you get your money, it isn't going to last forever. At some point you are goint to need a real job and who is going to hire you if you know nothing about anything (and no, looking up philosophical ideals online does not count as an education)

So there you have it, what annoyed me today, and sure, it may have been about hipsters and not Skins, but for me the two things go hand in hand. If you have a problem with it, leave a comment and I tell you why your comment is ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Hey im Lina'e i came across your post when I googled " I hate the show skins" just to see what ppl would say (weird thing i like to do) lol and I mean I will admit to watching it when
    I get bored. But I do find it highly poiness and right on the mark of what you said. It just seems like today shows (just like life) ate only about drugs , sex , and money, and baby mamas btw ( I am a black 19 year old women) and I had about ENOUGH of all that shit. I had enough of women doing all these retarded things to there body to b able to "fit in" literaly of what everybody els wants them to look like. With the fake asses and boobs and alter egos of shit they see ppl on tv with. Like i myself accasionaly drink and smoke a blunt here and there but some ppl do go over board and it's just irritating. I miss the days where there was no facebook , myspace ,and twitter like who gives a shit that drake tweeted that he had a nasty sandwich for lunch who gives a flying fuck. Like I wish the world it self would go back to those days where the most simple things in life where (actually) fun. With out drugs sex and alcohol I'm not tryn to be all uptight but I mean damn what happened to society.

    ReplyDelete