Tagline

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore"

Saturday, August 28, 2010

People getting all defensive about their opinions on music.

It isn't just big world and national events that annoy me, oh no, something as simple as having opinions on music can annoy me.


It is said, that what type of music you like and think is good is all about opinion.. But I believe there are different types of opinions: Mine (the good, and generally right sort), ones that aren't mine but would I would still adopt as my own if they were explained to me, and lastly, wrong opinions. Yes, I believe that opinions can be wrong, especially when it comes to music, and unfortunately these wrong opinions seem to be the majority.

Now, I am not one to give a damn about your feelings. If you say something stupid, or have a retarded outlook on anything, then I am going to point it out. It has led to a few enemies but I don't really care, if people don't know when they are being stupid/wrong then they will grow up thinking they are right their whole life, when they aren't. Also my 'in your face' method of pointing out stupidity helps them to become better at dealing with criticism, or at least, that's what I think.
Anyway, this all links back to music because liking stupid bands is no exception, if you like a stupid band then I am going to tell you that I think they are shit, and why I think that.

Unfortunately, I have come across very few people who can deal with that sort of criticism when it comes to music, and you may think 'yeah, but I bet you are no different', well you are wrong, I can take those sorts of comments when it comes to music, because I am so sure that my musical tastes are the best that I just pity the offender because they are missing out on such fantastic music. Here is an example. A person I know told me that I ruined The Veils for her (because I love The Veils and tend to obsess over them. listen to them if you don't already). Now that seems like an innocent enough comment, however I know the girl and know that she was trying to annoy me because she knows all about my short fuse, however, I did not get angry, I just said "I don't care, that is your loss". Which it is/was. And that is what people need to learn, if they are getting furious when I tell them that the Killers are the spawn of all average music, or that Muse sound like a sack of cats being drowned, then my opinion is that, subconsciously, they don't actually believe that they are a good band, either that or they are dicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment